By completing a short survey, you will receive a calculation of your greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, measured in carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e). To start, click the button at the bottom of this page.
- The carbon calculator will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- Do not leave fields blank. If you do not use a certain type of fuel, please input 0 into the appropriate field.
- Gather your utility and energy bills before starting. Using these will give the most accurate results.
- Put together a list of the vehicles and boats you own. How much you use these vehicles will determine your transportation GHG emissions.
- Think about what can be found in your garbage cans. The carbon calculator will ask for the quantity and types of garbage you produce.
Questions in the following categories will be asked:
You Can Help!
The carbon calculator has been developed as an educational tool, and as a method for collecting data as part of Georgian Bay Biosphere’s Climate Action Strategy, State of the Bay reporting, and the Integrated Community Energy & Climate Action Plans (ICECAP) partnership. Data will be used in the following ways:
- Monitor local energy and greenhouse gas emission trends.
- Develop energy and greenhouse gas emission baselines.
- Contribute to the development of local climate action and energy plans.
- Identify opportunities for energy efficiency, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and saving money on energy in our communities.
Participation in the carbon calculator is voluntary. By voluntarily completing the carbon calculator, you are consenting to having your data included in the ICECAP partnership and State of the Bay. The Georgian Bay Biosphere will not publish or release statistics or information that can be connected to any identifiable person, building, business or organization. All data collected through the carbon calculator will be aggregated into broad categories and reported at the jurisdictional level.
If you have any questions regarding this carbon calculator, please contact our Climate Change & Energy Specialist.Calculate My GHG Emissions!